Monday, September 20, 2010

5 Little Pumpkins

sitting on a gate.
The first one said, "Oh my! It's getting late!"
The second one said, "There are witches in the air!"
The third one said, "But I don't care."
The fourth one said, "Let's run and run and run!"
The fifth one said, "I'm ready for some fun!"
oooo oooo went the wind.
Out went the lights.
And five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.

This is one of Zola's all-time favorite rhymes. So I decided to use it for some Halloweeny decorations this year.

First I taped down a large piece of brown butcher paper. The I included a color lesson by having her stir up some yellow and red paint to make the orange. We painted the whole paper orange.

We left it to dry and when she went to bed last night I cut out five pumpkin shapes. Then I used some black construction paper to cut out different shapes for eyes, noses and mouths. I used some green construction paper for the numbers and gray cardstock for the speech bubbles. And brown paper for the stems.

This morning I layed it all out for her and she had a lot of fun picking out the faces and gluing them down. Once they dried this is what we taped up on our stair rail:






3 comments:

Unknown said...

what do the bubbles say? who made up the quotes?

Renee said...

SUCH a great idea! You are so crafy & creative! I'm so gonna copy you! Alisa looooves pumpkins.

Anonymous said...

Cute! Cute! Cute idea!! --Ashley Bowman