I didn't make a list last year. Niva was born in December and by January I was in the throes of post-partum depression and could barely imagine making it through the day much less a list of fun things to do in the next 12 months. But we did all make it through! And today I am smiling and excited about the next year!
Here are a few things I'll be working on:
1. Blog more- shouldn’t be hard since I only had 12 posts last year.
2. Bake something with yeast. I am terrified of yeast. There have been disastrous results in the past…
3. Explore home school curriculums
4. Open an Etsy shop - this feels overwhelming and stressful but I don’t think it should. I just need to make a few things, take pictures and post them. I get freaked because I make myself feel like this would have to be my entire life’s work outside of raising my kids of course.
5. Organize my thread
6. Go on a date with Grant
7. Make living room curtains- with the fabric I’ve had that’s just waiting for me to cut into it…peach and green and brown…
8. Knit something, anything…it could be a potholder…I just want to give it a try.
9. Make the girls matching Summer outfits.
10. Read at least half of the Newberry Award winners since 1922.
11. Read the newest Dexter book and any subsequent books that may come out this year.
12. Homeschool the girls- I guess this kind of a gimme since we are planning on doing this anyway…but I need something on this list that I know I will finish!
13. Buy more second-hand instead of new stuff.
14. Do the Financial Peace University stuff with Grant.
15. Buy less stuff. Don’t buy anything just because it’s a ‘good deal.’ No bargain bins, dollar shelves, clearance stickers. If you don’t LOVE it or NEED it, don’t buy it.
16. Have less clutter at home- see above.
17. Get a fun summer haircut. (sorry Grant.. The 2-year long-hair stint is almost over)
18. Figure how to make a buttonhole with my sewing machine.
19. Make something for my new nephew! (to be born in May!)
20. Frame and hang photos of the girls in our main living space.
22. Teach Zola to sew
23. Paint Grandma Boyle’s chair a pinkish redish color
24. Cover Grandma Boyle’s chair in the green and blue fabric
25. Finish Stevie’s owl and mail it to her
26. Finish Rachel’s owl and mail it to her
27. Try a bottle of the Middle Sister wine that I found at Target but haven’t purchased.
28. Make a reusable calendar to teach Zola about months, days, etc.
29. Start a garden.